The following identity documents* are valid for air carriage within Kazakhstan:
- Passport (for citizens of Republic of Kazakhstan - with IIN)**;
- National identity card or an electronic document from the e-gov portal (for citizens of Republic of Kazakhstan - with IIN);
- Residence permit of a foreign citizen in the Republic of Kazakhstan (with IIN);
- Card of a stateless person;
- Certificate of a refugee;
- Birth certificate (for citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan aged under 16).
* Original of document must be presented.
**For those traveling abroad, the validity of the passport must not expire less than 6 months after the end of the trip.
Travelling with children
- birth certificate original or an electronic document from the e-gov portal as the proof of the child relationship to one of the parents;
- birth certificate original and power of attorney original or electronic power of attorney with a QR code (issued through the "E-Notary" portal and signed by a notary's electronic signature) issued by one of the parents for the child carriage by accompanying adult passenger.
- For international flights you will need to have birth certificate of a child certifying the identity of the child and record with a photo in the passport of one of the parents.
The requirement to provide the original power of attorney continues to exist if the power of attorney is issued without a QR code and signed by the principal and the notary with a handwritten signature.