Traveling with children and infants
In order to prevent the illegal carriage of children by unauthorized persons, adult passengers travelling with children at the airport check-in counter must provide documents confirming their legal right to the child carriage, particularly:
- birth certificate original as proof of the child's relationship to one of the parents;
- birth certificate original and power of attorney original issued by one of the parents for the child carriage by accompanying adult passenger.
Passengers with children/infants can use the online check-in service on the website or FlyArystan mob app, including receiving boarding passes. Verification of the original birth certificate and/or power of attorney for the child will be carried out at the boarding gate.
Passengers with children/infants are not allowed to take seats in emergency rows (rows 12-13) due to safety regulations.
Infants older than 7 days, but under 2 years old, can fly free of charge on the lap of an accompanying adult passenger or in a separate seat purchased;
According to flight safety requirements, a separate ticket is issued for each baby. FlyArystan reserves the right to refuse to transport a baby without an air ticket issued for him due to the strict limitation of the number of babies on board.
Each FlyArystan aircraft is equipped with a limited number of emergency rescue equipment (18 life jackets and seat belts) for infants. Based on the tickets issued in the system for children under 2 years old, the airline has the ability to control their allowable number on board.
- One adult passenger can carry only one infant.
- Only 1 infant can sit in each row on each side of the aisle. If there is more than one baby in one row, the crew members can transfer passengers.
- Women in labor after childbirth and newborn children are not allowed to be transported during the first 7 calendar days after the birth of the child
- Children from 2 to 14 years old on domestic flights, from 2 to 11 years old on international flights are included in the booking as children.
- From 15 years old on domestic flights, from 12 years old - on international flights children are considered as adult passengers.
- Passengers under 16 years old cannot travel alone without a pre-issued additional paid service "Unaccompanied Minor".
- From 16 years old, passengers can travel alone on daily flights, children over 16 but under 18 are not accepted on night flights (23:00 to 06:00).
- If a child is flying with an adult passenger, then:
- The child must be included in the same reservation as the adult passenger accompanying him;
- If the tickets were purchased separately, the passenger must contact the place of purchase of tickets to link an adult ticket with a child ticket and opposite, by making special remarks in the system.
- An unaccompanied minor is a child from 6 to 15 years inclusive not being accompanied by an adult passenger on domestic and international flights.
- For additional safety, unaccompanied minors will not be accepted for all FlyArystan flights from 23:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. (at the point of origin), even in case of the absence of alternative flights.
- Unaccompanied minors can only travel on direct flights.
- To order the service, you must send a request no later than 24 hours before departure via firstname.lastname@example.org email address or travel agency. Only after confirmation of request by the airline, the service can be purchased at the established rates.
- If it is necessary to re-book a ticket for a child, the service for transporting of an unaccompanied child cannot be automatically transferred by the system to another date, and therefore, before the re-booking of a ticket for a child, contact the FlyArystan Contact Center by phone +7 727 331 10 10, or a travel agency and receive confirmation of the possibility of transferring the service to another date and then proceed with a rebooking of a ticket according to the terms of the applicable fare.
- At the check-in counter, the unaccompanied minor can be accepted only after his parent/guardian completes and sign the application form for the unaccompanied minor’s transportation, which will be provided at the airport by the FlyArystan representative. The form will include information on both the responsible adult delivering the child upon departure and the responsible adult collecting the minor upon arrival.
- Should the responsible adult who is taking the unaccompanied minor to the airport upon departure not be one of the parents/legal guardians of the child, he/she must provide a notarized letter approving the release of the child to the responsible adult by the child’s parents or legal guardian and the identification document of the responsible adult.
- Unaccompanied children must arrive at the airport to check in no later than 2 hours prior to departure, as the check-in procedures require some time for checking and filling out the supporting documents.
- More details about the registration process and flight of an unaccompanied minor – here.
Baby strollers, child car sits and baby bassinets:
Child car seats:
- A baby stroller for children under 5 years old is carried free of charge, both in checked baggage and hand baggage.
- In addition to free cabin baggage allowance, it is allowed to carry on board for free one collapsible baby stroller that matches our cabin baggage dimensions including all its elements (56x23x36 cm when folded) to 10 kg.
- If a baby stroller is larger than our carry-on baggage limit or exceeds its dimensions (56x23x36 cm) and 10 kg weight, it must be checked in as checked baggage free of charge.
- Passengers are responsible for folding and locking strollers properly before delivering them to the ground officials, and for taking all measures to prevent its fabric from being worn, becoming dirty and getting wet, etc.
- You should not leave your personal belongings inside the strollers. Otherwise, the airline company shall not be responsible for any cases where such kind of unchecked belongings gets lost.
- If the stroller is not meant for a travelling infant or child, it will be carried as paid checked baggage.
- It is allowed to take a child's car seat on board.
- In order to carry a child car seat a separate ticket is issued in advance with the provision of a separate seat and the prescribed payment is charged at the rate available at the time of booking.
- The car seat must meet the airline's specifications:
- Seat width must not exceed 41 cm;
- A child safety seat must be with a fastener for fixing to a passenger seat;
- The seat must be certified, as evidenced by the presence of a special mark or label.
- The airline does not provide passengers with child car seats.
- While boarding a passenger must carry a child car seat to its seat in a cabin. Flight attendants will help to secure the seat using belts. Child safety seats should be placed by a window seat, except in emergency rows.
- The online check-in, as well as self-service kiosks, is not available for passengers willing to carry on a child car seat.
If a baby bassinet is required, you will need to purchase the 1st-row seat and receive confirmation from the airline in advance for the provision of this service, no later than 24 hours before departure by emailing email@example.com. In case of exceeding, the allowed number of cradles on board, the airline has the right to reject the request. The baby bassinet is designed for babies up to 6 months (up to 11 kg).